monicaeatsfood: Greek Turkey Burgers Recipe!
Tonight’s recipe came from one of my favorite blogs, Budget Bytes. It was very simple, and Aaron got to use a grill! Win!
Greek Turkey Burger Recipe (adapted from Budget Bytes)
- 1.25 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 of a chopped red onion
- A handful of frozen spinach that’s been thawed out
- 1/3 cup feta (I used Trader Joe’s Mediterranean style feta)
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Spices (1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, salt, pepper)
- Throw everything into a bowl
- Mix with your hands
- Form patties (don’t do what I did and make huge fat patties, they’re tough to cook! I had to finish cooking them in the oven)
- Throw the patties on either a grill or in a skillet to cook
- Assemble the buns and fixins! I used pita because we had a whole bunch to use up. I topped the burgers with ready made tatziki from Trader Joe’s, some fresh cucumber, and some sliced red onions
I wish I made something to go on the side of this burger - maybe next time I’ll make a simple Greek salad or something. Hmm, now what to make tomorrow.